I moved to Redwood City in 1969, and have been married to my husband Milt since 1981. We have an amazing family with three children, four grandchildren, two dogs and two cats, keeping us very busy and filling our days with joy.
Across my home, business and community life, I have held firm to my values. My success has come from taking a positive and inclusive approach — I believe in the possibilities of what we can do together — and always being accessible. I’ve learned the importance of good listening, and above all, to be a strong, independent thinker who focuses on the needs of our community. These characteristics combined have allowed me to shine as a member of our City Council.
Over the years, in addition to being a small business owner and raising our family, I have been driven by a commitment to community service, outreach and engagement.
My elected and appointed community service includes:
• Redwood City Council Member 2015-present
• 2006-2015 Planning Commissioner
• 2002-2006 Housing Human Concerns Committee member
• 1998-2002 Senior Affairs Commissioner
Boards and Committees on which I have been active include:
• Friendly Acres Neighborhood Association – Traffic Committee chairperson
• Flood Plan for Friendly Acres Neighborhood Committee
• Friends of The Veterans Memorial Senior Center
• Salvation Army Advisory Board chairperson
• Peninsula Sunrise Rotary – past President, past Assistant District Governor
• Sequoia Awards Board member
• 2001-2002 San Mateo Grand Jury member
• Measure U & W School Board Ballot Measure Oversight Committee
I have also been an active participant in many local organizations:
• P.A.C.T. (Partnership Academy for Community Teamwork)
• Redwood City Community Building
• Redwood City Parks & Recreation Strategic Plan
• Redwood City Water Recycling Task Force
• HOPE (Housing our People Effectively)
• American Cancer Society – WIG Bank owner/ coordinator
• Inter Service Coordinating Council
• Salvation Army / Red Cross Disaster Coordinator
• CERT Trainer – Redwood City Citizen Emergency Team
I have been honored to work with many great people over the years from across the City and County, and am grateful for the distinctions awarded to me for my engagement:
• Citizen of the Year, American Legion
• Individual of the Year, Sequoia Awards
• Star Award, Gentry Magazine
• Notable Person of the Year, American Cancer Society
The keys to the best possible City Council are listening to the community and putting community considerations first. So tell me what you’re thinking, what’s working for you in our City and what’s not? Together, we can make sure Redwood City lives up to its greatest potential.
Call or email me any time — I am here for you.